Friday, January 05, 2007

I would have that world

I would like if there was a verb for the action of holding something, like science, or love,
in the mouth.


Sometimes I find science in my love-mouth.
I can press it between my tongue and my palate
like sweet leaf.

I have read of the million universes.
Find them hidden in the perpetual soup of non-existence
Tripping under your heels,
Dripping off your breakfast spoon.
But, I couldn't care less.

I think of all the minuscule details
Of how I might love you elsewhere than here.
I think of worlds where you want me.
When a concept is so big
It becomes boring.

When I can't help myself, I think of a world
Where you just took my hand.
I would have that world.
I pick it out
the way the eyes finds a single firefly
on a dark beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home